Smoky German Fondue
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 cup light ale
- 12 ounces grated German smoked cheese
- 4 ounces grated Emmental cheese
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
teaspoon German mustard
- Cubes of rye bread
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the cut side of the onion. Pour in
the ale and heat gently until bubbling. Reduce the heat and gradually stir in
the grated cheeses, then continue to stir while they melt, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, blend the flour smoothly with the milk, then stir into
the cheese mixture with the mustard and continue to cook for a couple of minutes
until thick and creamy.
- Serve with the bread cubes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes