As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or paprika
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut into chunks with crust on
- Mix cheese with cornstarch, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In a chafing dish,
heat buttermilk with garlic clove over low heat. When hot, remove garlic and
add cheese. Stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Serve from chafing dish. Each person serves himself from the common dish,
dipping chunks of bread speared on long forks into cheese sauce.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes