Swiss Tomato Fondue
- 8 to 10 plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 10 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
ounces Emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon whipping
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Generous pinch of dried oregano
- Combine tomatoes and garlic in a fondue pot over low heat. Stirring continuously,
cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and cook until very hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheeses. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup tomato juice and the
cream until smooth. Stir into tomato-cheese mixture and cook, stirring until
cheese is melted. Season with white pepper and oregano.
- Serve with crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, or small pieces of ham,
sausages or blanched vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.