Swiss Tomato Fondue
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 to 10 plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 10 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
ounces Emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon whipping
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Generous pinch of dried oregano
- Combine tomatoes and garlic in a fondue pot over low heat. Stirring continuously,
cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and cook until very hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheeses. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup tomato juice and the
cream until smooth. Stir into tomato-cheese mixture and cook, stirring until
cheese is melted. Season with white pepper and oregano.
- Serve with crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, or small pieces of ham,
sausages or blanched vegetables.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes