Almond Champagne Fondue
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 ounces brie cheese
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Apple slices
- Cubes of French bread
- Shred Gruyere and Swiss cheeses using a hand grater. Toss together with
- Cut rind off brie; cut brie into small cubes.
- Heat Champagne in a heavy, 3-quart saucepan. Bring just to a simmer over
medium heat; do not boil. Reduce heat and gradually add shredded cheeses, then
brie, stirring constantly in a zigzag motion, until cheese is melted.
- Add almond extract and nutmeg. Continue stirring and simmer until thickened
and smooth, about 5-8 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve in a fondue pot. Keep warm over a canned heat burner.
- Use apple slices and bread cubes for dipping.
Serves 20 (2 tablespoon) servings
Nutrition values per serving: 91 calories, 7 g fat, 0 g fiber, 6 g protein,
96 mg sodium.