- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons amaretto flavored liqueur or espresso coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grilled or broiled peaches, nectarines and pears
- In a small-size saucepan, heat mascarpone cheese over low heat, stirring
constantly, until melted. Stir in sugar, amaretto and orange extract and heat
1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a ceramic fondue pot and keep warm over a fondue burner. Sprinkle
with cinnamon and nutmeg. The fondue may be served in the pot or individual
- Serve with grilled or broiled fruit.
- For grilled fruit: Heat grill or broiler. Cut fruit in halves and remove
pits. Brush lightly with a little melted butter.
- Grill fruit over medium-hot coals just until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes
on each side. Don't allow fruit to get too soft. The fruit may also be broiled
3 to 4 minutes, turning once.
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min
Recommended wine pairings by John Ash, Culinary Director of Fetzer Vineyards:
Riesling, sherry, port, sparkling wine
Recipe and photo credit: American Dairy Association.