- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream (at
- 4 tablespoons Cognac
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
fresh fruits (bananas, raspberries, tangerines, pears, strawberries, apples, etc.)
- Angel food cake cubes
- In heavy medium-size saucepan combine sugar and water, stir over low heat
until all sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium and boil without stirring until mixture is deep
amber color, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush,
about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in warm whipping cream and stir over medium heat until sauce is smooth
(about 4 to minutes).
- Add Cognac and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until all butter is melted.
- Transfer to fondue pot over low heat and serve with angel cake cubes and
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.