- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed angel food cake (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 2 cups quartered small strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, skim milk and chocolate.
Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sugar, water, Frangelico and corn syrup. Cook for 10 minutes
or until the mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame.
- Serve with cake, banana and strawberries.
Makes 8 servings.
This creamy chocolate fondue will coat best if the banana and strawberries are
briefly chilled before serving. You can substitute your favorite liqueur for the
322 calories (30 percent from fat), 11 grams fat (6 grams sat. fat), 59 grams
carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, 70 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 48 mg calcium, 2
Source: Cooking Light