Chocolate-Sour Cream Fondue
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate or sweet cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur,
Kirsch, brandy, white creme de menthe, 2 teaspoons dry instant coffee or 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat chocolate and half-and-half in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring
constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur or other flavoring. Pour into fondue pot
or chafing dish with water bath; keep warm over very low heat.
A slow cooker set on low does a great job of keeping the fondue warm. Stir
in a small amount of cream if fondue becomes too thick while guests are dipping.
Dippers: Strawberries, banana slices*, pineapple chunks, mandarin orange segments,
fresh orange slices, apple wedges*, grapes, melon balls, papaya wedges*, maraschino
cherries, fresh pitted Bing cherries, kiwifruit slices, fresh coconut chunks, pound
cake cubes, ladyfingers, miniature cream puffs, miniature doughnuts, marshmallows,
pretzels, angel food cake cubes and vanilla wafers.
All the fruits followed by a
* should be dipped in lemon juice after cutting to prevent oxidation.