Creamy Mocha Hot Chocolate on a Stick
A heart-warming gift – An easy to make, decadent treat, is swirled into hot milk
for rich and creamy hot chocolate. Be sure to include the serving directions on
the gift tag.
- 1 pound semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate,
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Coffee Extract
- 18 large marshmallows, halved
- 36 lollipop sticks
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray foil with no stick cooking
spray. Place chopped chocolate in large bowl. Set aside.
- Bring sweetened condensed milk and cream to simmer in medium saucepan on
medium heat, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Pour over chopped chocolate.
Let stand 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir
in coffee extract. Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until firm. Cut into 36 squares. (May be
made ahead. Store chocolate mixture, tightly covered, in pan in refrigerator
up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before cutting into squares.)
- To assemble chocolate on a stick, thread a marshmallow half and a chocolate
square onto each lollipop stick. Wrap each hot chocolate on a stick in plastic
wrap or small cellophane bag. (May be assembled up to 2 days ahead.)
- To serve, stir hot chocolate on a stick into 8 ounces hot milk.
Serves: 36; Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 281 Sodium:
137mg Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 31g Cholesterol: 28mg Protein: 10g Fiber: 1g
Reprinted with permission from