Gingered Spice Bundles in a Jar
- 1 package 100% cotton cheesecloth
- 6 (12 inch) lengths poultry twine or food-safe string
- 12 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 ounces crystallized ginger, diced into 3/8- to1/2-inch pieces (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 60 whole cloves
- Cut 6 pieces of cheesecloth, each 8 inches long (double thickness). Lay
pieces out on flat surface. Break 2 cinnamon sticks into pieces 1-inch or smaller
for each bundle. Add ingredients in the following amounts to each bundle: 1
1/2 tablespoons diced ginger, 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon ground
nutmeg and 10 cloves.
- Bring corners of bundles together, tucking in loose edges. Tie each bundle
with twine. Layer spice bundles in 1-pint wide-mouth jar or container. Seal
- Decorate jar and attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
Spiced Pear Cider
Makes about 1 quart.
4 cups (32 ounces) pear nectar
3 cups (24 ounces) apple cider
1 Gingered Spice Bundle
Place pear nectar and apple cider in 3-quart saucepan. Bring mixture to boil
over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. When mixture boils, add spice mix
bundle. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes to infuse the spice
flavors. Remove bundle and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers. Serve hot
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes