Spice Bags for Warm Winter Drinks
- 8 sticks cinnamon, broken into small pieces
- 2 whole nutmegs, crushed
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
- 1/3 cup minced dried orange peel (or 1/4 cup ground)
- 1/4 cup whole allspice berries
- Optional: garnish with cinnamon sticks, slice of orange, lemon peel
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Tie in sachets of 1 tablespoon each
in a double thickness of cheesecloth; transfer to an airtight container.
One sachet of the mixture will flavor 1 quart of cider, tea or wine.
To use, simmer 1 quart of the chosen beverage with 1 sachet for 20 minutes;
ladle into mugs. If desired, add a garnish or a sprinkling of additional spirits.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.