Black Forest Banana Bread Mix in a Jar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in mixing bowl.
- Layer ingredients in 1-quart wide-mouth jar in following order: flour mixture,
sugar, chips and nuts. Seal jar.
- Decorate jar and attach a gift tag with the following instructions:
Black Forest Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup mashed
ripe bananas (about 2 large)
1 jar Black Forest Banana Bread Mix
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking
Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Coarsely chop cherries.
Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. beat in bananas, eggs and reserved cherry
juice until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center comes
out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool
completely on wire rack.
Other recipes you may like...
Blueberry Scones Mix in a Jar
California Corn Bread Mix in a Jar
Mini Pumpkin Muffin Mix
Texas Cornbread Mix in a Jar