Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking
soda and salt, stirring until well blended. Place mixture into a 1-quart jar.
Pack down this layer.
- Add the brown sugar to the jar, firmly packing down.
- Layer the granulated sugar on top of the brown sugar, firmly packing.
- Layer the pecans and then the dried cranberries into the jar.
- Adjust cap.
- Attach the following instructions to the jar if giving as a gift.
Makes base for one recipe of Pumpkin Cranberry Bread.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
1 jar pumpkin cranberry bread mix
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (or use spray) two 7 1/2 x 3 3/4
x 2 1/4 inch loaf pans (or 4 small loaf pans).
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil and eggs, stirring until well blended;
Place contents of jar into a medium bowl; mix until well blended and brown sugar
is no longer clumped. Add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring until
well blended. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 40-50 minutes
(30 to 35 minutes for the small pans), or until inserted wooden pick comes out clean
and tops of loaves spring back when pressed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes