Spiced Pumpkin Bread in a Jar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 4 or 5 wide mouth pint canning jars (with lids and rings)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and butter; mix until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased jars, filling each only 1/2 full of batter. Clean sealing
edges of jars.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Scald lids and keep in water until used.
- When bread is done, remove jars, clean sealing edge again, place lids on
jars and screw rings on firmly. As bread cools, jars will seal.
- Store sealed jars in refrigerator.
Yield: 4 or 5 jars
Can also be baked in a 9 x 5-inch well-greased loaf pan at 350 degrees
F for 50 to 55 minutes.
Other recipes you may like...
Blueberry Scones Mix in a Jar
California Corn Bread Mix in a Jar
Mini Pumpkin Muffin Mix
Texas Cornbread Mix in a Jar