Louisiana Jambalaya Mix
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place mix in a decorative Jar or pour in a zip bag.
- Cut an 18 x 8-inch square of satin and one of lace.
- Place lace on flat surface
and top with the satin. Lay the bag of mix inside and gather up all side and
tie with ribbon
- Include the following recipe on a gift tag.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups mix
1 1/2 cups Louisiana Jambalaya Mix
3 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato
1/2 cup cooked ham or smoked sausage
1/2 cup cooked shrimp
Combine first three ingredients and bring to a boil (in a 6-quart pot) . Reduce
heat to simmer; add ham or sausage and cook 20 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more.
Remove and discard bay leaf.
Makes about 8 cups.
Other recipes you may like...
Cajun Corn Soup Mix
Jambalaya Mix in a Jar
Cajun Seasoning Mix in a Jar
Cajun Dirty Rice Mix in a Jar