Apple Crisp Mix in a Jar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chilled butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients and seal in a zip-tope or vacuum seal bag (or jar).
- To give as gift, place 2 cans apple pie filling in gift basket with the
mix along with the following preparation instructions.
Spread 2 cans apple pie filling in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake at 400 degrees F for 19 to 21 minutes or until
filling bubbles and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.