Cake in a Coffee Mug
This recipe will make 8 or 9 coffee mug gifts.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box cake mix any flavor
- 1 small box instant pudding mix (not sugar free), any flavor
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry flavoring*
* powdered lemonade mix, powdered orange breakfast drink mix, cocoa powder, vanilla
powder (sold by coffee flavorings)
- Cake: Place dry cake mix and dry pudding mix into a
large bowl and blend well with a whisk. This will be about 4 to 4 1/2 cups dry mix and will make 8 or 9 coffee
cup cake mixes.
- Place 1/2 cup dry mix into a sandwich bag. Place mix into a corner of the
bag and tie it there with a twist tie.
- Continue making packets until all your dry mix is used.
- Select a large coffee mug. Make sure that it contains no metallic paint
as it will be used in the microwave. Check it to ensure that it holds 1 1/2
cups of water.
- Decorating the cups: (optional) Paint on the cup if you like. DecoArt Ultra
Gloss Acrylic Enamel is one brand of craft paint that can be made dishwasher
safe by baking the painted cup in the oven (instructions are on the bottle of
- Select the flavoring appropriate to the cake you are making.
- For the pineapple coconut cake include flaked coconut in a separate bag
with instructions to sprinkle it over the frosted cake.
- Glaze Mix: Place the glaze mix ingredients into a
sandwich bag and tie into corner of bag. Label this bag Glaze Mix and attach it to the other bag with a twist tie.
- Place one baggie cake mix and one baggie glaze mix in each coffee cup. Now
attach the following baking instructions to each coffee cup:
Cake in a Coffee Cup
Generously spray inside of coffee cup with
cooking spray. Empty contents of large packet into cup. Add 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon
vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon water to dry mix. Mix for 15 seconds, carefully
mixing in all the dry mix. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.( you may not get
satisfactory results in a low wattage small microwave).
Glaze Mix: While cake is cooking, place ingredients from Glaze Mix into
a very small container and add 1 1/2 teaspoons water. Mix well.
When cake is done, pour glaze over cake in cup.
Enjoy while warm.
Suggested Flavor Combinations
Lemon cake mix - lemon pudding
Yellow cake mix - chocolate pudding
Devils food cake mix - chocolate pudding
Pineapple cake mix - coconut pudding
Butterscotch cake mix - butterscotch pudding
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes