Cinnamon-Nut Coffee Cake Mix in a Jar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon into a jar. Seal and label as cake mix.
- Combine cracker crumbs and next 3 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag,
shaking to mix; seal and label as topping mix.
- Attach plastic bag to jar.
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
Cinnamon-Nut Coffee Cake
1 jar cake mix
2 large eggs
1 cup water
1 package topping mix
Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour mixture into
a lightly greased 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle evenly with topping mix. Bake at 350
degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.