Crazy Cake Mix in a Jar
- 1 (1-quart) wide-mouth canning jar
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Layer ingredients in jar in order. Secure with lid, decorated or undecorated.
- Give as a gift with the following instructions attached.
Contents of gift jar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 cups water
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stir cake ingredients together using a wire whisk or fork, making certain that
all ingredients are completely mixed together. Bake for 35 minutes.
Frost as desired or serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar with fresh
fruit on the side.