Use any flavor cake mix and complimentary flavor of pudding mix. For the glaze, use a complimentary flavor of powdered mix, such as lemonade for lemon, cocoa for chocolate, etc. Buy attractive coffee mugs which hold 1 1/2 cups water.
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered lemonade mix
- 8 coffee mugs
- Place dry cake mix and dry pudding mix into a large bowl and blend well with a whisk. This will be about 4 to 4 1/2 cups of dry mix and will make 8 mug cake mixes. Divide mixture into 8 small plastic bags (about 1/2 cup each). Place mixture into a corner of each bag and tie it there with a twist tie.
- Make glaze mix: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar with powdered flavoring mix. Divide into 8 small plastic bags and close bag with a twist tie. Attach each glaze mix to the cake mix bags with a twist tie. Place one of each bag into each cup.
- Attach the following instructions to each cup:
Generously spray inside of mug with cooking spray. Empty contents of cake mix packet into cup. Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon water to dry mix. Mix 15 seconds, carefully mixing in all dry mix. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
While cake is cooking, place ingredients from Glaze mix into a very small container and add 1 1/2 teaspoons water. Mix well. When cake is done, pour glaze over cake in cup.
Enjoy while warm.