Brown and White Crispies
Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Pour into wide-mouth,
1-quart jar. Tap on counter, then press firmly into place.
- Add layers of semisweet chocolate chips, rice cereal, brown sugar, vanilla
chips, oatmeal and granulated sugar, pressing each layer into place.
- Close jar tightly.
- Attach the instructions to the jar on a gift tag.
Brown and White Crispies Cookies
Contents of jar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
To bake cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour ingredients from jar into a
bowl; stir to combine.
In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add egg and water; beat to combine
(mixture will look curdled). Add dry ingredients; beat at lowest speed with electric
mixer or with wooden spoon until well combined.
Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 10
to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then
remove to wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies, each 105 calories; 5 grams fat, 3 grams saturated
fat, 14 milligrams cholesterol, 1 gram protein, 15 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams
sugar, 0.5 grams fiber, 72 milligrams sodium, 14 milligrams calcium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.