Brown and White Crispies
Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Pour into wide-mouth,
1-quart jar. Tap on counter, then press firmly into place.
- Add layers of semisweet chocolate chips, rice cereal, brown sugar, vanilla
chips, oatmeal and granulated sugar, pressing each layer into place.
- Close jar tightly.
- Attach the instructions to the jar on a gift tag.
Brown and White Crispies Cookies
Contents of jar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
To bake cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour ingredients from jar into a
bowl; stir to combine.
In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add egg and water; beat to combine
(mixture will look curdled). Add dry ingredients; beat at lowest speed with electric
mixer or with wooden spoon until well combined.
Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 10
to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then
remove to wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies, each 105 calories; 5 grams fat, 3 grams saturated
fat, 14 milligrams cholesterol, 1 gram protein, 15 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams
sugar, 0.5 grams fiber, 72 milligrams sodium, 14 milligrams calcium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes