Butterscotch Brownie Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide mouth canning
jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach the instructions to the jar.
Contents of gift jar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, completely softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch metal pan.
Empty brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Thoroughly blend the mixture.
Add butter or margarine, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until completely
blended. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool
for 15 minutes in pan.
Cut brownies into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Yields 2 dozen brownies.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.