Butterscotch Chip Cookies Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup high protein crisp rice and wheat cereal
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Layer the ingredients in the order given in a one quart wide mouth canning jar.
Firmly pack each ingredient in place. It will be a tight fit, but all ingredients
will fit in the jar.
- Use pinking shears to cut an 8 or 9 inch circle from gingham, calico, or a seasonal
fabric. Place the fabric over the wide mouth lid and rim and secure with a rubber
band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of butter or margarine,
1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Use hands to mix the wet and dry ingredients
together. When completely blended, roll into large walnut-size balls. Place on unprepared
cookie sheets and use the palm of your hand to flatten each cookie ball. Bake for
Makes 2 dozen.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.