Cherry Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (or semisweet chocolate chips, if desired)
- Place sugar in bottom of a 1-quart jar.
- Sift flour, baking powder,
baking soda and salt together to make the second layer.
- Add the
remaining ingredients in the order given.
- If there are any gaps
at the top when finished layering, add cherries, chips or nuts to
fill in the space.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Cherry Chip Cookies
Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine in a large bowl, add 1 egg and
beat well. Stir in the contents of jar. Drop by teaspoons onto a
lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12
minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen.