Chocolate Chip Fudge
Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 (5.5 ounce) chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- With wire whisk, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Pour
into jar through a funnel. Pack down level with heavy object.
- Mix oatmeal in a blender. Grate chocolate bar and mix into the oatmeal.
Pack on top of flour in jar.
- Add granulated sugar and pack down. Add brown sugar and pack down.
Layer chopped nuts on top of brown sugar. Finish layering jar with
mini or regular chocolate chips until even with the top (no more
than 1/2 cup).
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico. Place
over lid and secure with rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon
bow to cover rubber band.
- Label and store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation
and clumping does not occur.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Chocolate Chip Fudge Cookies
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spoon chocolate chips and nuts into small bowl, set aside.
Spoon brown and granulated sugar into mixing bowl.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, creamed well
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix well. Pour oatmeal and flour mixture from jar into bowl, mix
Roll into walnut-size balls. Place on a slightly greased cookie
sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.