Chocolate Chow Mein Clusters Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 unwrapped vanilla caramels (4 ounces)
- Layer the peanuts and chow mein noodles in a 1-quart wide-mouth jar.
- Put the chocolate chips in a zip-top bag and put on top of the other ingredients in the jar.
- Place the caramels on top of the bag and close the jar.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Chocolate Chow Mein Clusters
In a 4-cup glass measuring cup or bowl, combine caramels and chocolate
chips with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 2 tablespoons
water. Heat uncovered in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes until
all is melted, stirring once to blend. Add remaining jar ingredients,
stirring gently until evenly coated. Drop from teaspoon onto wax
paper. Let stand until firm.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen.