Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies in a Jar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate covered raisins
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide mouth canning
jar. Press each layer firmly in place making sure you pack it down
well before you add the flour mixture. It will be a tight fit.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies
Contents of jar
1/4 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened to
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Empty cookie mix into large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly.
Add butter or margarine, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until completely
blended. You may have to use your hands. Shape into walnut-size
balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until tops are very lightly browned. Cool
for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.