Chocolate Pecan Cookies Mix in a Jar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with a paper towel after this layer)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, pressing
down firmly after each ingredient.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Empty jar into large mixing bowl, using your hands to thoroughly mix. Add 1 stick
soft butter, 1 egg (slightly beaten) and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional).
Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape
into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookies sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool
5 minutes on baking sheet and remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes