Country Oatmeal Cookies Mix in a Jar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Using a 1-quart or 1-liter jar, layer in the ingredients in the order given.
Pack down the jar after each addition.
- Put the lid on, and cover with an 8 inch circle of fabric. Secure the fabric
over the lid using a rubber band, then cover the rubber band by tying a nice piece
of ribbon or raffia around the lid.
- Attach the recipe on a gift tag.
Country Oatmeal Cookies
Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup of softened butter, with 2 eggs and
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add the entire contents of the jar, and mix by hand until
combined. Drop dough by heaping spoonsful onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake
for 12 to 15 minutes.