- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and almond extract. Beat
with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Mix in flour mixture and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. Using floured hands, shape each piece of dough into
2 1/2 inch wide, 9 1/2 inch long and 1 inch high logs. Transfer to baking sheet,
- Bake until brown (logs will spread some), about 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on sheet on rack. Maintain oven temperature.
- Transfer logs to work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch
thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn biscotti over. Bake until just beginning to color,
about 5 minutes. Transfer biscotti to rack.
- Drizzle: Melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler. Drizzle over
biscotti. Arrange almonds on biscotti. Allow chocolate to set.
- Store in loosely covered container.