Gourmet Brownies in a Jar
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place sugar in bottom of a 1-quart
- Layer the remaining ingredients on top of sugar in this order:
cocoa, flour mixture, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Attach a gift tag with the following recipe to the jar.
Pour contents of jar into a large mixing bowl and blend well. Add
1/2 cup butter or margarine and 3 eggs, slightly beaten. Mix until
well blended. Spread batter in a well-greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out
clean. When cool, cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 2 dozen delicious brownies.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes