Gourmet Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 (5.5 ounce) milk chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- With a wire whisk, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Pour
into a jar and pack down level with a heavy object.
- Mix oatmeal in a blender. Grate chocolate bar and mix into the oatmeal.
Pack on top of flour in jar. Add granulated sugar and pack down.
Add brown sugar and pack down. Layer chopped nuts on top of brown
sugar. Finish layering jar with chocolate chips until even with
- Use pinking shears to cut a 9-inch diameter circle from the fabric
of your choice. Center fabric circle over lid and secure with a
rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
- Attach a gift card with the following recipe.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spoon chocolate chips and nuts into a small bowl. Set aside.
Spoon brown and granulated sugar into mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup butter
or margarine, and cream well. Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
extract; mix well. Pour oatmeal and flour mixture from the jar into
the bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Roll into walnut-size
balls. Place on a slightly-greased cookie sheet two inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.