Gumdrop Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) spiced gum drops, cut into pieces
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda, and add to the jar.
- Add the brown sugar, and press down gently to form a layer.
- Combine the granulated sugar and the gum drops to coat the cut pieces
of the candy with sugar, to prevent the candy from clumping together.
Add them to the jar.
- Seal the jar, and store in a cool, dry place, away from a heat source.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Contents of jar
Remove gum drops from the jar, and set aside.
Empty remaining cookie mix into a large mixing bowl, and stir to
combine. Add butter or margarine, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until
completely blended. Add the gum drops, and mix gently. Shape into
walnut-size balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are lightly
Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then remove cookies, and put on
baking racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes