Hawaiian Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Layer ingredients in jar in order given. Press each layer firmly
in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine. Add
1/2 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract; mix until completely blended.
Roll dough into walnut-size balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly
greased cookie sheet. Press cookie down slightly with the heel of
your hand. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges
are lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool
Yields 2 1/2 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes