Jell-O Easter Cookies Mix in a Jar
This makes beautiful little pastel colored cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jell-O (orange, lemon, cherry, lime)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix the ingredients well in a large bowl with a wire whisk:
- To give as a gift, place the lid on the jar and use pinking shears to cut a piece
of fabric in a circle which is several inches larger than the jar lid. Secure the
fabric to the lid with a rubber band.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar with a ribbon or raffia.
This makes about 4 cups mix, enough to fill a quart-size jar.
Jell-O Easter Cookies
Mix 3/4 cup shortening, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl.
Add entire contents of jar. Mix well. Roll cookies into small balls. Place them
on greased cookie sheets, then dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and press onto
dough to flatten. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes until done but not browned.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.