Oatmeal Raisin Spice
Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt together for top
layer. Set aside until all other ingredients have been added.
- Layer all ingredients in the order given in a 1-quart wide mouth
- Add the flour mixture as the top layer. It will be a tight fit,
so make sure you pack each layer
firmly before adding the flour mixture.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to
thoroughly blend mix. Add: 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened
at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Stir in one egg,
slightly beaten. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until completely
blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape into
balls the size of walnuts. Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 11 to 13 minutes until
edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove
cookies to baking racks to finish cooling.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.