Orange Slice Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups orange slice candies, quartered and wrapped in plastic wrap
- Layer ingredients in jar in order given. Press each layer firmly
in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Orange Slice Cookies
Remove candies from jar and set aside.
Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine ingredients.
Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon
vanilla extract. Mix until completely blended, then stir in orange
Roll dough into walnut-size balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly
greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes
or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool
Yields 2 1/2 dozen.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.