Raisin Crunch Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups packed flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Layer ingredients in jar in order given. Press each layer firmly
in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Raisin Crunch Cookies
Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine. Add
1 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract; mix until completely blended.
Roll dough into walnut-size balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly
greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes
or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool
Yields 3 to 4 dozen.