Sandstone Brownie Squares Mix in a Jar
- 2 1/4 cups (1 pound) packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Dry Sandstone Squares Mix, combine all ingredients in a clear 2-quart
container with a tight fitting lid. Cover with lid. Store in a cool dry place
until ready to give as a gift.
- Attach a festive recipe card with dry mix ingredients and additional ingredients
needed to make the squares to the container before giving.
1 container Sandstone Squares Mix
3/4 cup butter, melted,
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place 1 container dry mix in a large mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter until
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Stir in
vanilla extract until blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Store baked squares, covered, in a cool dry place up to 2 days.
Yield: 24 two-inch squares
Dry mix can be prepared and held in container up to 2 weeks before giving as a gift.
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board