Trail Mix Cookies Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Layer ingredients in order given in a wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar.
- Mix the flour together with the baking powder. Press each layer firmly in place,
it will be a tight fit.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Trail Mix Cookies
Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly
Add: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET
MARGARINE. Mix in 1 egg, slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until
completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
Shape into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly
browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.