Tropical Treats Mix in a Jar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried papaya, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Layer the ingredients in a quart-size jar, packing down well between layers.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F; coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. Add 1 large egg, 1/4 cup vegetable oil
and 8 ounce crushed pineapple in juice (undrained). Mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful
about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until
the cookies are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.