Tropical Treats Mix in a Jar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried papaya, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Layer the ingredients in a quart-size jar, packing down well between layers.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F; coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. Add 1 large egg, 1/4 cup vegetable oil
and 8 ounce crushed pineapple in juice (undrained). Mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful
about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until
the cookies are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.