Banana Split Trail Mix
Perfect snack for hiking, biking or after school!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup freeze-dried bananas or banana chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Bring brown sugar, water, butter, honey and extract to a boil in a large
saucepan. Let boil for a few minutes, then stir in oats, walnuts, and extract.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely, then stir in fruits and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cook time 20 min | Serves 20
Nutrition: 230 Calories Fat 14g Saturated Fat 5g Monounsaturated Fat 2g Polyunsaturated
Fat 6g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 5mg Carbohydrates 27g Dietary Fiber 4g Protein 4g
Recipe created By Patty Mastracco - Cookbook author, food stylist and recipe
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): California Walnut Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes