- 2 1/2 (8 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate squares*
- 12 (8-inch long) baked pretzel rods
- Toppings: chopped toasted nuts, chopped dried fruit, flaked coconut, almond brickle chips, mini peanut-butter pieces, green and red sprinkles
* Do NOT use semisweet chocolate chips as they will not set up correctly.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
- Place chocolate in 4-cup measuring cup or large glass bowl. In microwave
oven, cook, covered with wax paper, on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes, until almost melted,
stirring occasionally until smooth. (Or, in 3-quart saucepan, heat chocolate
over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.)
- Meanwhile, place each topping choice on sheet of wax paper.
- Holding 1 pretzel rod at a time over melted chocolate, spoon some chocolate
over pretzel to coat, leaving about 2 inches uncoated at one end. Immediately
sprinkle coated pretzel with choice of topping. Carefully place coated pretzel
rods in pie plate or shallow bowl, leaning uncoated portion on edge (try to
keep pretzels from touching one another) and refrigerate about 15 minutes to
- Apply a second coating of melted chocolate and choice of topping to each
pretzel as above; refrigerate about 15 minutes to set coating.
- Store at room temperature in tightly covered container, with wax paper between
layers, up to 2 weeks.
Each pretzel: About 265 calories, 5 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate, 16 g total
fat (9 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium