Arizona Bean Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 pound dried kidney beans
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 1 pound dried large lima beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 pound dried green split peas
- 1 pound dried yellow split peas
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound dried green lentils
- 1 pound dried brown lentils
- Combine beans in a very large bowl. Pour two cups of bean mix into attractive
16 ounce jars. The beans can also be layered for a pretty effect. Put in a few
beans at a time until you have filled the jar.
- Attach the following recipe to each jar.
Arizona Bean Soup
Beans from jar
1 smoked ham hock
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
6 cups water
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves or parsley
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin seed
Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
Drain beans and place in a stockpot. Add ham hock, tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay
leaf, 6 cups of water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high
heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf before
Makes 11 cups of soup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes