Arizona Bean Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 pound dried kidney beans
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 1 pound dried large lima beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 pound dried green split peas
- 1 pound dried yellow split peas
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound dried green lentils
- 1 pound dried brown lentils
- Combine beans in a very large bowl. Pour two cups of bean mix into attractive
16 ounce jars. The beans can also be layered for a pretty effect. Put in a few
beans at a time until you have filled the jar.
- Attach the following recipe to each jar.
Arizona Bean Soup
Beans from jar
1 smoked ham hock
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
6 cups water
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves or parsley
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin seed
Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
Drain beans and place in a stockpot. Add ham hock, tomatoes, onion, garlic, bay
leaf, 6 cups of water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high
heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf before
Makes 11 cups of soup.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.