Beef Chili Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup dried red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup dried black beans
- 1/3 cup dried minced onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro or parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-pint jar:
- Close jar securely; decorate top with cloth and ribbon.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Beef Chili Soup
In a Dutch oven, brown 2 pounds ground beef; drain. Add ingredients from the jar, plus 6 cups water; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until beans are tender.
Add 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. You may substitute 2 pounds of boneless beef chuck. Brown half of the meat in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; remove meat and brown other half of meat. Drain off the oil and proceed with above directions.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.