Beef Chili Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup dried red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup dried black beans
- 1/3 cup dried minced onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro or parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-pint jar:
- Close jar securely; decorate top with cloth and ribbon.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Beef Chili Soup
In a Dutch oven, brown 2 pounds ground beef; drain. Add ingredients from the jar, plus 6 cups water; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until beans are tender.
Add 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. You may substitute 2 pounds of boneless beef chuck. Brown half of the meat in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; remove meat and brown other half of meat. Drain off the oil and proceed with above directions.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes