Colorful Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked twist macaroni
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- Use a canning funnel or any funnel that has about a 2-inch neck. This will make it easier to fill the jars with the ingredients. Be sure to use a wide-mouth, 1-quart canning jar.
- Layer ingredients in the order given: bouillon, onion flakes, split peas, small shape pasta, barley, lentils, rice, and enough tricolor spiral pasta to fill jar.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
In large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef or stew beef cut into bite-size pieces in a little olive oil. Remove tricolor pasta from top of jar and reserve. Add the rest of the jar contents to the kettle with 12 cups water. Let come to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
Add tricolor pasta and simmer 15 minutes more.
Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes