Country Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1 cup uncooked twist macaroni
- In a wide mouth 1-quart jar, layer the barley, peas, rice and lentils. Then layer around the edges the onion, parsley, salt, lemon pepper, bouillon and the alphabet pasta.
- Fill the rest of the jar with the twist macaroni. Seal.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Fills a one 1-quart jar
Add contents of jar to 3 quarts of water, 2 stalks chopped celery, 2 sliced carrots, 1 cup shredded cabbage (optional) and 2 cups diced tomatoes. Over medium low heat, cover and simmer about 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.