Farmhouse Soup Mix in a Jar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon flakes
- 1/2 cup quick cook barley
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked, do not use instant
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup flavored spiral, macaroni, uncooked
- In a small zip-type bag, add and mix the onion, parsley, salt, lemon
pepper and bouillon.
- Using a funnel, layer the ingredients in this order in a 1-quat
jar: Barley, peas, rice and lentils, small pasta. Add the zip-type
bag with the seasonings. Fill rest of jar with the spiral macaroni.
Seal the jar.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Contents of jar
3 quarts water
2 stalks chopped celery
2 sliced carrots
1 cup shredded cabbage
2 cups diced tomatoes
Put all ingredients into a stockpot over medium low heat. Cover
and simmer about 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender.