French Market Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 pound dried Great Northern beans
- 1 pound split peas
- 1 pound yellow split peas
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 1 pound lentils
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 1 pound dried soybeans
- 1 pound pearl barley
- 1 pound dried red beans
- In a very large container, combine navy beans, pinto beans, great
Northern beans, split peas, yellow split peas, black-eyed peas,
lentils, baby limas, lima beans, soybeans, barley and red beans; mix
- Divide evenly into 14 lidded jars.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
French Market Soup
2 quarts water
1 ham hock
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Soak 2 cups French Market Bean Mix in water to cover, 8 hours or
In a large soup pot, bring 2 quarts water and ham hock to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove ham hock. Stir in soaked beans, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes
and green chiles, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil again, skimming
foam off the top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 1 hour, until
beans are tender.