Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup dry split peas
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1/3 cup dry lentils
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup small macaroni
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the first eight ingredients in order listed.
Seal tightly. Yields 1 batch.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
1 pound ground beef
3 quarts water
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
To prepare soup, carefully remove macaroni from the top and set aside.
In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven, brown beef and drain.
Add the water, tomatoes and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and
simmer for 45 minutes.
Add the reserved macaroni, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni,
peas, lentils and barley are tender.
Yields 4 quarts.
I figure 1 cup will have 325.9 calories, Total Fat: 10.1, Fiber: 8.4. This
is if you use ground sirloin beef.